Admissions and Enrollment for 2017/2018
Important Things to Know
1. TriEA is a tuition-free open-enrollment charter school without enrollment requirements for its scholars. When you complete and submit this registration form, we will communicate with you the status of your registration based on grade level requested. Required documents include proof of scholar identity and current immunization records. With those, you’ll be accepted and complete the rest of our school application. You are “enrolled” on your scholars first day of attendance. Our 2016/17 school year began in August 2016.
2. In 2015/16, we accepted 48 scholars in Kinder, 48 scholars in 1st grade, and 84 scholars in 6th grade. Each year, as the scholars age up, we will bring in new kinder and 6th graders until we are a full Pre-K-12. In 2017/18, we will accept registrations for Pre-K4, Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.
3. Trinity Environmental Academy will accept students who reside in the following school districts as our Primary Geographic Boundaries (PGB): Dallas ISD, Desoto ISD, and Lancaster ISD. Secondary geographic boundaries would consist of the following districts: Garland, Cedar Hill, Seagoville, Desoto, Duncanville, Mesquite, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, and Red Oak. TriEA will only go to it’s secondary boundary applicants if there is space available in any grade level.
4. Scholars with previous discipline records (a documented history of criminal offense, a juvenile court adjudication, or discipline problems under Subchapter A, Chapter 37 of the Texas Education Code) will be reviewed by the admissions committee followed by review of the facts with the scholar and parent(s) or guardian. A vote of the committee will determine if the school can adequately support the scholar. We will serve every scholar that wants to attend keeping the best interests of the scholar in mind.
5. For 2016/17, the first day of school was August 15th. The last day of school will be May 25th, 2017. Primary school is 7:50am-3:10pm each day. Secondary middle school is 7:50am-3:40pm each day. School will release early on Wednesdays at 2:00pm for Primary and 2:30 for Secondary. The school calendar is located under the “Parents” link at the top of this page.
6. Our lottery deadline each year is March 15th. A public lottery will be executed and published within 2-weeks of this date. After this deadline, all registrations are first come, first serve if there is a grade level/class that is not fully subscribed.
7. The school’s address is 3837 Simpson Stuart Rd, Dallas, TX 75241. TriEA will be co-located on the Paul Quinn College (PQC) campus. This environmental charter school is a part of PQC’s master plan to develop the community and provide additional education opportunities for it’s south Dallas citizens. The charter school is a separate entity and is not governed by PQC. It is a public school run by independent leaders with years of K-12 charter school leadership experience.
8. If you are interested in having your scholar attend Trinity Environmental Academy next year, please fill out the registration form on this page and hit the submit button. This registration from will put you in line for enrollment for the new school year. We will contact you within 48 hours of submittal to let you know we have received your registration and confirm you are able to bring your child to campus and complete the full application for future enrollment.